When is the best time to eat tacos? Always. I recently made this recipe for an at home patio date night with my hubby, and I have to say, enjoying this on a warm summer’s eve was a relaxing little getaway in and of itself. This is a quick, yummy, whole food healthy combo to give you the feels and flavors of a fiesta.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 package of fat free Greek Yogurt (I like to use Fage)
- 1 Fresh Lime
- 1 Red Cabbage
- 2 Small Jalapenos
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lb Tilapia or Cod
- Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- ½ can of Black Beans
- 1 small Cucumber
- La Croix Lime
- Patron Tequila (or whatever brand you prefer)
And Here’s What You’ll Do:
- In a large bowl, combine the Greek yogurt and the juice from half of the lime. Throw in a little salt and pepper for seasoning. Divide this sauce into two bowls (the extra will be used to top the tacos). Finely chop the red cabbage, 1 1/2 jalapeños and the bell pepper, and add these to one of the bowls with the sauce in it. Toss until everything is combined well.
- In a large non-stick pan, heat olive oil and the remaining 1/2 of the jalapeño. Swirl the oil around to coat the entire pan. Season each side of the fish with salt and pepper and then cook until golden brown (about 6-8 minutes).
- Heat up the beans.
- Warm the tortillas. I like to heat them up in the oven and let them sit in there for a few minutes.
- Line each tortilla with a scoop of beans. Then add a scoop of the coleslaw. Cut up the fish and add it on top of the coleslaw. Then add a dollop of the leftover sauce and top with fresh cilantro leaves.
And now for my “healthier” version of a bomb margarita…
Combine the remaining juice from the other half of the lime, 3 cucumber slices (cut into fourths), 1 1/2 oz Tequila (I prefer Patron), La Croix Lime, and pour over ice.
That’s it! Just don’t forget the chips and guac and you’ll be all set for some delicious food.