One of the most classic treats and crowd favorites that comes with summertime heat is watermelon. This healthy, hydrating, quick and easy, and delicious snack can be eaten so many different ways. Melon slices, melon balls, frozen cubes, margaritas, salads, and of course cakes! That’s right, not only is this recipe extremely easy, but it is one that you won’t feel guilty about when going back for seconds, and will help keep you hydrated when out in the sun.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- 1 Large Seedless Watermelon
- 8 Ounces Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Other favorite (and colorful) fruits
- Mixed Nuts
And Here’s What You’ll Do
- Before you start, make sure that both your watermelon and your Greek yogurt are cold. This will make it easier to work with.
- Cut off one end of the watermelon.
- Cut around the rind as closely as possible, removing the center of the watermelon. Do your best to make this look as much like a “cake” shape as possible.
- Coat your watermelon cake with yogurt starting on the top and moving down the sides.
- Get in touch with your creative side and top your iced cake with berries, nuts, sprinkles, mint leaves, etc.
With so many fruits being in-season during the summer months, this is the best time to make use of these for snacks, baking, or even eating fresh. Comment below with some of your favorite go-to fruit treats, and you can bet I will be trying them.